Thursday, August 8, 2013

Weight Loss Challenge: Month One

My Weight Ticker

It's been a difficult but exciting month. The last 2 weeks have been stressful. I found out about a prospective job opportunity doing the thing I love the most: playing worship music! I want to write a separate post about this event when I find out the results. Even though it was stressful to get all my paperwork and resume together, I completed it and I am waiting for a response. 

Food counting-wise, I haven't been on track with writing down my food intake. But I made an effort to keep foods in the fridge at work, and I can eat them whenever. The staple foods I have stuck with are:
  • Mixed greens
  • Tomatoes
  • Tuna Fish
  • Cheese
  • Pepperoni
  • Pita Bread
I only had tomatoes available a couple of times, but it's nice to make a fresh salad. 

I love having pita bread around! I can make two different things with it: add cheese and pepperoni for a pizza, or put mixed greens, tuna and cheese for a filling pita pocket. I calculated the mini pizza on Calorie Count, and it's about 325 calories, depending on how much pepperoni and cheese you put on it.

I was getting discouraged a couple of weeks ago, because my weight went from 204.4 to 204.8. But I weighed myself this Tuesday (8/6) and I weighted 200.8. I'll be more relieved when I get under 200 lbs.

Now for lunch!


How are you striving to eat healthier foods? Do you have an staple foods you stick with?

I linked this blog entry to:

100lb CountdownGet Fit friday Blog HopMotivationMonday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...